Competition Terms and Conditions
- Only one prize will be awarded.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- This prize promotion is open to entrants aged 18 or over worldwide, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or "step" family) of The Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition.
- If a participant receives a winner notification in error, then no prize will be due.
- If there is an error in the prize description, value, number of winners or other then there will be no obligation to fulfil the prize.
- Entrants agree that if a competition is cancelled due to unforeseen or extreme circumstances then the company is not obliged to fulfil any prizes. Although alternatives may be provided where available/possible.
- The Supplier will not accept responsibility for Prize Draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any lack of internet connectivity, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- Please note we will try our hardest to contact winners and deliver prizes however if we are not able to get in touch with you we reserve the right to re-draw the winner(s) and allocate the prize to someone else. This is most likely to occur but is not limited to time sensitive prizes or where a choice of prize(s) is available.
- These rules will be governed by English law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This prize is for the purposes of the SUITCASE Magazine competition only and may not be used in collaboration with any other brand or company.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
- Employees of the Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to SUITCASE Magazine Ltd. in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- This competition will commence at 12:00 GMT on 22 June 2020 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 20 July 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- The winner will be chosen by SUITCASE Magazine.
- The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by 10 August 2020.
- To obtain details of the outcome of the competition please email [email protected] stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter(s) for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is SUITCASE Magazine Ltd, 1-3 Mount Street, London, W1K 3NB.
- Release: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Co-Sponsors, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Co-Sponsors' and their agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the sweepstake, if it is possible. If the sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Co-Sponsors, at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Co-Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Where a prize is provided by a Supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
- The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
- Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners' list.
- With regards to the photography submitted, please note the following usage rules:
1. Grant of Licence
1.1 The Winner hereby grants to the promoter
1.1.1 an exclusive licence to use the Content during the six month Exclusive Period for the purposes of publication in SUITCASE Magazine in worldwide territory; and
1.1.2 following the expiry of the Exclusive Period, a non-exclusive licence (subject clause 1.6) to use the Content during the Non-Exclusive Period.
1.2 The winner shall make any reasonable revisions the promoter may require in order to make the Content acceptable for publication without payment of any further fee. Notwithstanding the forgoing, the promoter may make such changes to the Content (in whole or in part) as it considers necessary and/or appropriate to ensure the Content is suitable for publication, and as required for the purposes of publication in SUITCASE Magazine.
1.3 The winner hereby irrevocably grants to the promoter consent worldwide to use, and to authorise others to use, the Contributor's name, biography and likeness in connection with the publication and the publicity and promotion of the Magazine.
1.5 During the Exclusive Period but after first publication of the Content by the promoter, the winner may include a reference to the publication of the Content in the Magazine or a link to the online publication of the Content for publicity purposes, including on the winner's website, social channels, in credentials pitches and in its showreel, provided that the winner shall provide sufficient acknowledgement to the promoter as the exclusive licensee and first publisher of the Content.
1.6 During the Non-Exclusive Period, the winner may use the Content for his/her own purposes, provided that:
1.6.1 the winner's use of the Content does not conflict with the aims and objectives of the promoter; and
1.6.2 the winner shall provide sufficient acknowledgement to the promoter as the non-exclusive licensee and first publisher of the Content.
2. Warranties and Liability
2.1 Each party warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into and perform its obligations under this Agreement.
2.2 The winner warrants that:
2.2.1 the Content is an original creation and is not copied from any other work or material;
2.2.2 the Content does not infringe any third party's Intellectual Property Rights within the Territory;
2.2.3 the Content contains nothing libellous, obscene or defamatory;
2.2.4 the winner has all necessary consents, licences and releases in connection with the Content to enable the promoter to freely exploit the Content in connection with the publication; and
2.2.5 no exploitation of the rights in the Content will infringe the rights of any third party, including without limitation privacy or publicity rights, nor create any other liability for the promoter nor be otherwise unlawful.
2.3 The winner shall indemnify the promoter against all losses, liabilities and expenses incurred by the promoter in respect of any claim arising from any breach by the winner of the warranties set out in this Agreement.
2.4 During the term of this Agreement and for a period of 12 months from the Delivery Date, the winner shall not without the promoter written consent, provide content or services to any Restricted Publications which SUITCASE considers, acting reasonably, has the same look and feel or is otherwise confusingly similar to the Content.
2.4.1 Restricted Publications means the following publications which operate in the travel magazine sector: Conde Nast Traveller (UK & US), AFAR, The Culture Trip, Travel+Leisure, Cereal, Monocle, HERE, DEPARTURES, and such other publications as SUITCASE may notify to the Contributor from time to time