Win an Overnight Stay in Paris at Casa Eminente – Terms & Conditions
Here to spice up your winter, we’ve teamed up with the master spirit makers at Eminente Cuban Rum to offer one lucky reader an overnight stay at the ephemeral Casa Eminente in Paris, including authentic, paladares-inspired food and drinks and return travel on Eurostar
31 October, 2002
- The Promoter: SUITCASE Magazine
- The Supplier: Eminente Cuban Rum
- Only one entry per person.
- Only one prize will be awarded.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- This prize promotion is open to entrants aged 18 or over in Great Britain & Ireland, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or "step" family) of The Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Promotion. Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition.
- The prizes for this competition are provided by Eminente Cuban Rum.
- If the prize sponsor fails to deliver the prize to the winners, this is not the responsibility of the magazine to replace this prize (although full assistance will be given in trying to resolve this).
- If a participant receives a winner notification in error, then no prize will be due.
- Entrants agree that if a competition is cancelled due to unforeseen or extreme circumstances then the company is not obliged to fulfil any prizes. Although alternatives may be provided where available/possible.
- The Supplier will not accept responsibility for Prize Draw entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any lack of internet connectivity, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- All entries must be received by midnight on the closing date.
- The winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date and will be notified by 11 February.
- The prize includes (1) a one-night stay at Casa Eminente for the prize winner and a guest on an all-inclusive basis; (2) return Eurostar tickets for the prize winner and their guest.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- A total of one (1) prize will be awarded.
The Prize must be redeemed between 25 and 26 February 2023, and the winner must be available to travel on these dates. The prize is subject to availability at the Casa Eminente Hotel.
The winner and their guest must be aged 18 or over.
The Supplier reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if circumstances make this necessary.
Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and their guest in the enjoyment of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and / or their guest.
- Any participant found to be using robot forms to enter a competition will invalidate their entry to the competition and will be disqualified from the competition.
- Any changes to prize draw frequency or allowed daily/weekly limit may occur without notice.
- Please note we will try our hardest to contact winners and deliver prizes however if we are not able to get in touch with you we reserve the right to re-draw the winner(s) and allocate the prize to someone else. This is most likely to occur but is not limited to time sensitive prizes or where a choice of prize(s) is available.
- These rules will be governed by English law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This prize is for the purposes of the SUITCASE Magazine competition only and may not be used in collaboration with any other brand or company.
- Prizes must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes, in whole or part. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be resold.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
- Employees of the Promoter, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties, including but not limited to SUITCASE Magazine Ltd. and Eminente Cuban Rum in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- This competition will commence at 09:00 GMT on 12 January 2023 and all entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 9 February 2023. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
- The winner will be chosen by SUITCASE Magazine.
- The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be notified by 10 February 2023. The winner must claim their prize within seven days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the outcome of the competition please email [email protected] stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter(s) for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is SUITCASE Magazine Ltd, 48 Warwick St., London, W1B 5AW
- Release: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Co-Sponsors, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Co-Sponsors' and their agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the sweepstake, if it is possible. If the sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Co-Sponsors, at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Co-Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Where a prize is provided by a Supplier, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, and The Supplier is responsible for prize fulfilment.
- The Promotion and these terms and conditions, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
- Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoter will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted in to future marketing from the Promoter and/or the Supplier. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion and winners consent to give their name and county for the winners' list.